Emile et Rose is a designer, manufacturer and supplier of baby clothing, offering customers the opportunity to purchase via our website or at many boutique outlets around the UK.
What we collect
We may collect the following information when you visit our website, seek employment with us, or contact us in any other way:
- contact information including postal address, telephone numbers and email address
- demographic information such as preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surverys and/or offers (for example date of baby's birth)
- technical data from your use of our website including IP address and browser type
We do not collect payment information, such as your payment card details. Our payment process is managed by SagePay which collects your payment on our behalf.
What we do with the information we gather
We require your personal information to supply and deliver items you may purchase from us and, when you request it, to send you our newsletters. We also seek to understand your needs and preferences, and to provide you with a better service. We require routine employment-related information from our staff.
- We use your name and address, and any additional delivery address, to fulfil our contract to supply you with goods you may purchase from us. We use your email address to send confirmation of your order details and to notify you, as appropriate, of the progress of your order. This information is processed initially in our website order system and then within our internal management systems. We will not use the personal data of any third person to whom you may ask us to deliver your purchase for any other purpose.
- We use your name and email address, with your consent, to send you our newsletters, promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- If you choose to create an account on our website you will be able to view your purchase history with us and to update your personal details, or to unsubscribe from our communications.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes and to improve our products and services, in which we have a legitimate interest. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use your information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may also use your personal data for statistical purposes to improve the effectiveness of our communications and website.
- We may also use your personal data for sending you occasional printed goods, such as look books and brochures.
- We use business information to communicate with our stockists but store a personal home address and contact details as a security.
- We will use personal data about our staff to administer their employment with us. We will also ask them to provide us with next of kin data which will be used only for emergency contact purposes.
How we hold and share your information
If you consent to receive our newsletters we transfer your name and email to a list in MailChimp and use that service to communicate with you. You may unsubscribe from this service at any time using the unsubscribe link contained within every email.
If you purchase goods from us via our website we will store the details you enter on the order form within the website and will automatically transfer a copy of this information into our order processing system. The information you enter onto the payment form is managed by SagePay on our behalf, and we receive from them only confirmation of whether payment was successful. We are able to look up payments within the SagePay system if necessary, but do not process that data ourselves. If you need to pay using a card during a phone call we will key the payment information directly into a card terminal and keep no details except the receipt that is printed. We will transfer your address details into our courier services’ (DPD, Post Office and FedEx) label printing and despatching service to arrange delivery of the goods to you. We may use the other contact details to inform you, as necessary, of any issues while processing your order. We will also use your information to manage any refunds, exchanges or complaints and will keep a record of these details.
If you create an account on our website the information you enter is held only within the website and will reduce the information you need to enter for subsequent purchases.
Personal data relating to our stockists is held securely in our computer systems and may be shared with a credit control company if the need arises.
Personal data about our staff is held securely within our computing system, with paper information held in a locked cabinet. Details required for payroll and pension are passed to our payroll and pension providers.
Personal data relating to our self-employed agents/distributors will be held on our secure computer system and/or locked cabinet on site.
We will not pass personal data to any other organisation except to undertake marketing on our behalf, or in fulfilment of our legal duties as an employer. We do not share our information with other organisations, but our website designers and hosts, along with other organisations that provide us with technical services, may have temporary access to personal data which they will handle in confidence and securely.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or block cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to block cookies if you prefer; this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website. The browser help system should explain how to block cookies.
A list of the cookies we use is at the bottom of this document.
Controlling your personal information
You have various rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you, including the right to ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold, to update or to stop processing your personal data. If you wish to know more about these rights, please visit the website of the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) at https://ico.org.uk. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or make a complaint, you can do so by contacting us at the address shown below. If we are unable to resolve your complaint you can make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority, the ICO.
You may choose to update or to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Unsubscribing from newsletters or updating your subscription preferences using the appropriate link at the bottom of the newsletters
- Updating your details in your account on our website or closing your account
- Writing to us at Emile et Rose, The Granary, Highfield Farm, Topsham, Exeter EX3 0BY, United Kingdom
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Phoning us on +44 (0) 1392 677555
List of cookies we use
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computing device by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below lists the cookies we may place on your computing device, their purpose or the information they contain.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
|_ga, _gali, _gat, _gat_UA-46037426-1, _gid||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website and WordPress blog. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. Read Google's overview of privacy and safeguarding data.|
|_utma||Identifies shoppers and sessions.|
|_utmb||Determines new sessions/visits.|
|_utmc||Determines if the shopper is in a new session/visit.|
|_utmz||Saves the traffic source or campaign that explains how the shopper reached your site.|
|cdlNewsletterPopup||Determines whether the Newsletter signup modal has been displayed and dismissed.|